Today has been a day of trying things out, and changing my plans when things didn't work out quite the way that I had hoped. For example, I tried to set up a screen to beam a video from my Vimeo channel onto the island, which didn't work - however, I have managed to create some objects which look like projected images, which I am very happy about. I also took the opportunity to search out and work with Linden Scripting Language (LSL), creating a greeter and notecard giver, and modifying a particle projection script.
I have been experimenting to see if I can create the illusion of different material properties too, such as clear, coloured plastic boxes and bubbles, and also recreated one of my pastel sketches as a sculpture, and begun to look at how I can represent other works from my PhD practice.
Artist and researcher, exploring audience, artwork and environment, and nearing completion of PhD into immersive practice and multisensory engagement.